Monday, May 21, 2007

Hot Spot???

Haven't been dlogging for sometime... cos i was sick...
the Maid found a bald patch on the left side of my face a week back, n showed it to Jiejie. Jiejie swore it oni appeared overnight, n immed put on the ugly e-collar on me.

C my sad face?



Jiejie immediately brought me to my usual vet. he scanned me with this light thingy (EC: a Woods Lamp), n claimed dat i was having ringworm. he showed Jie the white spots on the bald patch, n since it's a circular bald patch, it's probably ringworm. hmmm... circular = ring = ringworm?

the vet insisted dat the bald patch didnt appear overnight, more likely, my hair didnt grow due to the ringworm. hey doctor, my Jiejie sees me everyday... u think she wouldn't notice dat bald patch if it had been there all this time???

he wanted Jie to leave me at the clinic for 7 days to undergo treatment. he said they wld shave me down again n scrub my skin very hard with medication to get rid of the ringworm. n once my skin bleeds, it means the ringworm r removed. Jie was horrified! i dun wanna stay in the clinic!!! n i climbed into Jie's arms.

he then gave me a jab to ease the itch, n asked Jie to consider his request to ward me at the clinic. Jie tot long n hard... she was v worried, n i saw her crying while hugging me.

finally, she decided dat she cldnt bear to leave me at the clinic alone, n decided to bring me to another vet.

Jie brot me to another vet the next day... this clinic is nearer to home.

n the vet was a lady doctor... she was specific in her questions n gave detailed explanations on the steps to cure my skin problems.

n the lady vet said my bald patch is more likely to be hot spot than ringworm; n may be caused by trauma due to my other skin infections. hmmm... trauma?

she oso did a skin scrape test for me... n Jiejie looked thru this funny-looking machine, n she saw creatures resembling baby coachroaches. what??? there're coachroaches on my skin??? cruuuuusssh them!!! (EC: i was showed the mites residing on her skin under the microscope, n they do resemble nymphs)

i was given oral medication & a powder-form supplement dats supposed to boost my immunity.

at least 1 good thing came out of this! Jiejie decided to introduce home-cooked food (HCF) into my diet. she tried feeding me fish, carrots n rice, but i finished the fish n carrots, n left the rice untouched. then she decided to mix the fish & carrots with Addiction wet food, n i gobbled up everythg!

n Jie discovered dat i luv carrots, cos i oways pick out the carrots 1st. hmmm... maybe i was a bunny in my previous life?

kekekeke... but after a few meals of semi-HCF, i started to pick out only the HCF. i'm no longer the chin-chye eater i used to be. n Jie glares at me during every meal when i'm picking out only HCF, n leaving only the Addiction. this drives her crazy, cos she mixes my medication into the Addiction wet food. sorwee Jie, u have to try harder from now on...

One of my HCF dinners!




Before and After pix of my bald patch (the Maid calls me Botak now; whatever dat means...)




2 comments:

PreciOus said...

Hi Ume!

Thanks for dropping by my blog! =)

Oh the first vet was so nasty to you! I mean, ringworm?! What was he thinking of? Hot spot definately sound nicer. Hope you get well soon.

Snuggle,
Precious

PreciOus said...

Hi Ume, are you feeling better?

I've tagged you for a little game. Check out my blog for more details. *Grinz*

Snuggle,
Precious