Saturday, July 7, 2007

About My Name...

Princess, Tank & Issac: The Newfs of Hazard left me a comment, asking about my name.

hmmm... think i'll take this opportunity to blog about my name. as most of u may oredi noe, another DWB fren has the same name too! n dats ume-tyan!
this is my favourite pic of ume-tyan! happiness shown with the biggest smile!


i googled n this was what i found out...
Ume is also the name of a town in Ōita Prefecture, Japan

Prunus mume is a species of
Asian plum in the family Rosaceae.
It is called ume (kanji: ; hiragana: ) in Japanese, méi () or méizi () in Chinese,[1] maesil (hangul: 매실; hanja: ) in Korean, and mai in Vietnamese.

The tree originates from China, but it has also been grown in Japan and Korea since ancient times. The tree is cultivated for its fruit and flowers. Although normally called a plum, it is actually more closely related to the apricot.


aren't the flowers pwetty?



Ume fruits
as for how my name came abt? of cos my Jiejie din noe enough Japanese to name me Ume, not to mention what it meant. silly hooman!
i was bot from a family staying in Hume Park in Singapore back in Feb this year. while over dinner, Jiejie was cracking her blains, blainstorming on what to name me. she tot of words relevant to the date i adopted her, n oso Hume Park. then she tot of Yumi, oso a Japanese name. dats when a bulb lighted up in Gorgor's head! he suggested Ume instead of Yumi, both sound the same, but Ume was derived from the word Hume. n if u break it down, it oso means u and me! so Jiejie tot it's veri meaningful. n there! i've a name!
u noe wat? i think i'll start a new tag! i'll tag all DWB frens to tell us more abt your name, n the significance!

21 comments:

Gwyn Valentine said...

You have a very interesting name.
Sure you are as pretty as the flower!

umekotyan said...

We wish to express our gratitude for interesting consideration of ume. Japan..for..say..plum blossoms..season..come..get..name..put.It was spring of 2001. :)

Enjoy are wondaful weeeekend

from loved ume tyan

Boo Casanova said...

that is interesting. u know we've played this game a while back but nevertheless i can let u know how i get my name here.

i was actually named after mom's favourite actor - jake gyllenhaal's dog. but obviously i'm the cuter and handsome among all dogs named BOO! wah-ha-ha!

wet wet licks

Boo

Jen and Suki said...

Ume, you're so cute! I love your name story. Mommy picked out my first name after looking at Japanese baby names. She picked out my second name because she thought a little pug ought to have a toughy name too, and she just knew I would be a feisty little doggy. That's how I became Suki Sumo!

puggy lovies!

Lizzy said...

That's pretty cool! I have to say that I love the name. Ume! It sounds pretty awesome. ;)

Sparky

Pugsley, Buster, Cricket & Daisy said...

Yup, you gots a interesting name. Thanks for telling us the story.

xoxoPugsley, Buster and Cricket

Lorenza said...

Hi, Ume.
Thanks for sharing with us about your name. Its interesting.
My name is a human name but here in Mexico also means "crazy".
Have a good night
Lorenza

Chilli the Dog said...

Hiya Ume! That's a very interesting story you have there about how you got your name.

My former mummy loves eating chillies so she named me "Chilli" but unfortunately things didnt work out btwn the two of us. When I was adopted by my present mummy she stuck to the same name cuz it's a pretty interesting name.

Wuff
Chilli

Chilli the Dog said...

BTW...you've been tagged! Come check out my blog

Wuff

Chilli

~Sweety~ said...

such a coincidence~

hehe but ur name is beautiful and yummy.

hehe

love,
sweety

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

I enjoyed reading the story of your name Ume!

thank you. And your pictures are soooooo pretty, just like you!

love and licks, Happy Weekend, Marvin xxxxxxxx

Stanley said...

Ume!!

I love your name, but you lost me after the fruit photos. (I have a hard time following a story.) My girl explained it to me afterwards, though.

My girl just like old man names, and she thought I looked like a Stanley. Plus, I didn't answer to the name my first family gave me. I feel like a Stanley. Do you feel like an Ume?

Goob love & kisses,
STanley

T-man Angel said...

Those are pretty flowers! Your name makes me hungry. My real name is Truffle which is a chocolate candy. I call myself T-man so mom doesn't think of candy all the time and get fatter than she already is!!

Huskee and Hershey said...

You have got a very interesting name indeed! I like it.. How I got my name was borrrrrring (dad picked it, so that kind of explains right?)

Luckie Girl said...

Hey Ume,
That's a great way of explaining how your name came about. Mom has no originality, she said if she had a dog, would be either Happy or Lucky cos she likes simple names hence Luckie (just spelt a bit differently).

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh I like your name Ume. And isn't it great you got same name as another DWB doggie in Japan

~ girl girl

ToFFee said...

thanks for explaining your name! sounds yummy now that I know what it means!

the fwower is vewy pawetty!

my name is quite self explanatory.. heheh! mom thought of it.

Wuffs!
Toffee

Katherine and Pippa said...

Hi Ume - I've just written about my name too.

We must be on the same wavelength...

Pippa

PreciOus said...

Sista lurves plums very much! She won't share with me thou. Stingy woman.

Sista don't want to use human names on me so she thought of Precious coz no matter how I turn out, I'll always be her Precious. Hehe.

Snuggle,
Precious

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Ume, You are so, so cute!

You asked how to find your google searches. You need to add a tracker to your blog to see this. I use ShinyStat -- scroll to the bottom of my blog to see it. I'm sure there are billions of others out there too. It's kind of fun because you can also see what countries people are from.

Amber said...

Hi Ume, The flower is really pretty, just like sakura but is white. Ume is really a pretty name. Yea, same name as Umetyan =)